MARCH TO THE POLLS 10.13.2018 EVENT VOLUNTEERS:
Click to Volunteer –> 10.13.2018 Event Day Volunteer Form
Thank you for helping out the day of the march! We couldn’t do this without you, and are grateful for all your support. As we are finalizing how many people we will need for each area the day of, please mark your top 3 choices for volunteer areas.
If you are volunteering to Marshal, please let us know if you have been trained before (7:30am call time), or if you need to attend our morning of training.
Volunteers for the WMC Organization
Please fill out this Volunteer Intake Form if you can help with one of these areas below, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Other needs will be posted as we are ready for them. We’d love some help in the areas that feel the most urgent, including:
- Outreach Volunteers for next march or actions (see below)
- Volunteer Management & Recruitment support
- Web Design support (wordpress)
- Merchandise Sales/Vendor Mgmt/Marketing
- Data Management
- Graphic Design
- PR/Comms Support
- Tech Tools Support
- This includes things like Mailchimp, Airtable, Payment Processors, Donor Tools, BallotReady, VoterCircle and many more.
- Volunteers who can plug into specific advocacy initiatives on behalf of WMC as needs emerge
- This includes things like #SaveScotus, ILVOTE – Indivisible’s GOTV collaboration, ILGVP Coalition, FamiliesBelongTogether Coalition, New Founders Tech round tables, etc,
- Intern/Assistant to the WMC Leadership Team
- This is a leadership development opportunity, working in partnership with team leaders. These volunteers would partner with one of: Exec Director, Comms Lead, Volunteer Coordinator, Outreach Coordinator or others as needs arise.
If you can help with Outreach in particular we need all hands on deck to make people aware of the next march – please fill out this Outreach Volunteer Intake form to let us know areas where you can help.
- Please share our Facebook Event for March to the Polls.
- Check out the Spread The Word tab for downloadable flyers in English and Spanish.
- Encourage both Groups and Individuals to register for the march. Registering is important to build momentum for October 13 and show others you are coming. It also plugs you in to logistics information for October 13.
- WMC is holding informational meetings starting the last week of August and through September across the city to spread the word about our upcoming March to the Polls on 10.13.18. Please attend one to learn more about our plans for 10.13.18 and how you can get involved! RSVP here for meetings on:
– North side
– South/Southwest side
– West/Northwest side
– Western Suburbs
– Northern Suburbs
If you belong to an organization and would like a WMC rep to speak to your members about our 10.13.18 event, please let us know.
Contact email@example.com to talk about how we can support your outreach efforts. Have suggestions for additional meetings or meeting venues in the areas above? RSVP here for an informational meeting.
Every dollar helps! It takes funds to pull off a large and impactful march, to pay for everything from porta-potties, to fencing, stage equipment, jumbotrons, tents and accessibility resources!
- Your donations made through this link are very appreciated and will fund the next march and WMC operations.
- Please spread the word that we are actively raising funds and ask others to contribute.
Event Sponsorship and booth info can be found here. This year WMC will host a festival style Voter Village in the rally area where CAMPAIGNS, NON-PROFITS & CORPORATE SPONSORS ALL ARE ENCOURAGED TO JOIN